Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Small Businesses, A Little Love, & Etsy

Being a small business owner, I love when I can do my shopping through other small business owners. And I must confess I've become completely addicted to www.etsy.com! There's just something awesome about purchasing something that was handcrafted by a person and not a machine. You know what you have is totally unique and your own. And what is even more awesome is having some friends who have their own shops set up on Etsy.

Well the first I really heard about Etsy was through my cousins out in the western side of the country. My cousin Megan Pezzelle offered as her wedding present to my husband and me to make our wedding invitations and they were just gorgeous! I unfortunately don't have any pictures of them...perhaps I'll snap a couple later this week. Megan's invitations are just beautiful though. She has her own website full of samples of her work at www.soinvitinginvitations.com. Her work has even been featured in Junebug Weddings. If you're looking for some really unique, hand crafted invitations, favors, or details - Megan is your girl! Here's a few pics of her work.















Then I found out my cousin, Jay Pezzelle, also had an etsy account. Jay's company is called Whodini Handmade and he makes some super cool wallets. His wallets are really unique and fun! He has mustache wallets, lightning bolt wallets, victorian style wallets, ... they're all just so neat! He's also been in several shows out in California. So if you're looking for a cool gift for your man this Christmas - check out Whodini Handmade's products on etsy. Here's a few pictures of Jay's wallets.







Just this past year, my good friend and client, Meagan Sluder, started up her own etsy business called Cutie Pie Designs. Meagan moved to Texas with her hubby this summer and started her business as a creative outlet and way for her to make a little extra money in her new town so far from Illinois. Through Meagan's site you can order window valances, table runners, placemats, customized pillowcases, customized onsies, customized t-shirts, etc. They're cute and fun designs. Everything is made by Meagan especially for you. So if your looking for some new decor or a fun birthday present for a niece or nephew - check out Meagan's etsy page at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CutiePieDesigns85?ga_search_query=cutie+pie+designs&ga_search_type=seller_usernames. Here's just a few pics of Meagan's products.








My good friend, Amber Freund, also started her own business, Customized Treasures, creating custom tutus, aprons, hair pieces, and tote bags. These things are absolutely adorable! I get excited every time she posts a new listing up on her facebook fan page. If you have a facebook account, you can check out all of her current creations here. I'm currently helping Amber put together some marketing materials so you're going to get a sneak peek at her new logo and branding here. There may be an etsy page set up soon so stay on the lookout for it.








And last but not least... My friend, Taylor Sincavage, has started selling abstract paintings on Etsy through her business, Organized Chaos. Each piece is totally uniquely designed for the client based on their size specifications and color preferences. They're pretty neat. You can check out her work on etsy here or become a fan of her work on facebook here. Here's a few of her current creations.









I am so proud of my family and friends who have started their own businesses - whether it's just something fun on the side or their full-time job. I love to see the new things they are creating and I love to see their success. If any one of the above featured people's work interests you - I'd encourage you to check out more of their work, share their pages with your friends, or purchase a gift for yourself or someone special.

Happy Wednesday everybody!

Contact Me | Visit My Website | Join the Facebook Fan Page | Follow Me on Twitter

1 comment: