Monday, December 13, 2010

About Me

A couple weeks ago, one of my favorite blogs, Leah's Go{4}Pro, posted a challenge to photographers everywhere to put themselves in front of their camera and share a little of themselves with their clients. More than ever before, people want to connect with others - especially the person they are trusting to capture those special moments in their life. And what better way to help people connect with you than through your "About Me" page. I don't mean just through an old headshot of you and listing your credentials. I mean little things about who you are!


I couldn't agree more with Leah about the importance of having images of yourself and sharing a little about yourself with your clients! Earlier this year, I re-worked my website and added a special gallery of images to my "About Me" page to help my clients get another quick insight into who I am. So I thought I'd take a minute to post the slides I created for my "Some Random Things" gallery.












This slide is my most recent creation and hasn't been added to the official gallery yet.

I also get a family photo for our Christmas card every year that I share with my clients too! I usually keep my family pictures off the web until after I mail out my Christmas cards, but you're getting a lucky sneak peek here ;) Here's this years Christmas pictures. :)

I love this one because it's honestly a great reflection of us. Me in my boots, jeans and long brown sweater. Ryan in jeans and flip-flops. And Kit sitting happily between us.

And of course, I had to get a picture of me and my hubby. If you look closely, you'll notice Ryan's tie-dye t-shirt peeking out underneath his flannel shirt. Haha - you can't say we hide who we are. Not even for pictures. We're wearing the same clothes we wear everyday. It's just who we are. :)

Well I hope that's given you a little insight into who I am. As most of you know, I post daily - so check back tomorrow for a new post.

P.S. I'm redoing my Christmas mailing list. So if you want to be sure you're on the list - please send me a message to let me know. :)

Contact Me | Visit My Website | Join the Facebook Fan Page | Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment